Oak and Beech Ward – Roof Repairs
The existing roof above Oak and Beech wards was experiencing a number of maintenance type issues and required immediate attention.
Following a detailed roof survey we identified a number of problems and thus developed a schedule of works:
- Remove moss and clear walkways
- Leak test needed on all downpipes/box gutters and any associated repairs. This exercise identified a total of 19 x No. leaks.
- Clear all roof gulleys/guttering
- Investigate performance of one of the ridge details for water tightness.
- Parapet works – Remove all low level handrail due its failing and build up height of parapet, repair any rotten timbers at same time.
- Repairs to 2 x identified leaks i.e. flashing detail missing + area of flat roof above laundry in Oak.
The three photos above show the problems with the perimeter handrail system and its associated fixing which has failed due to poor waterproofing details.